180 Sqn cadets have the opportunity to participate in many trips and events throughout the year, from day excursions, to weekend competitions and trips, and to the week-long March Break trip. Some trips involve a selection process if over-subscribed, others are geared towards only certain levels or teams, and some are first-come/first-serve.
March Break Trip
The week-long March Break trips normally take 180 Sqn to the eastern United States, where cadets stay on, and tour military facilities. As well, the Sqn will normally tour a major city and visit museums and other attractions.
The cost for this trip is usually $375, and a coach-load of cadets are selected on the basis of attendance and performance in the Sqn.
March Break 2017 Details
- 2014 - North/Midwestern US: Fort Drum, New York & New York/Virginia
- 2013 - Southeastern US: Parris Island, South Carolina
- 2012 - Eastern Canada: Quebec City, Halifax, CFB Greenwood
- 2011 - Northeastern US: Boston, Rhode Island
- 2010 - Southeastern US: Florida, Pensacola
Other Trips and Events
- Gliding Trips
- Borden Excursions (abseiling, obstacle course, air rifle shooting)
- Survival Weekends
- Winter Weekend (high ropes, sledding, games)
- Canoe Weekend
- Sports events and competitions
- Band and Drill events and competitions
- Event Volunteering (such as the Toronto Marathon)
- Fundraising (Squadron and Royal Canadian Legion initiatives)